Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Today Is Recipe Day!-EDITED

...at least that is what I just decided (again).

Ham & Beans

1 lb beans (great northern, navy, or what have you)
1lb diced ham
4 slices center-cut bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small celery stalk, diced
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 bay leaf
1 tsp crushed basil (or parsley, but I didn't have any so I used basil)
2 tbsp light butter

Soak beans according to package directions (overnight or quick soak-I myself am a fan of the quick). Drain and rinse soaked beans. Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 12 hours.

I usually throw a box of Jiffy cornbread in the oven to have with the ham and beans.

Enjoy:)

I was going to include a photo, but they are all gone already!

(this is edited to include the light butter in the recipe-forgot it the first time)

0 Comments: