Thursday, October 30, 2008

On the fastrack to F.A.

I have been going a little crazy lately. Probably because my sewing room looks like this...



(ok, maybe that one doesn't look so bad, but it is the only "finished" part of the room. BTW, that is the desk I will be refinishing. I have it all planned-I am going to paint the desk a charcoal gray color and then adhere some funky fabrics to the drawers and replace the handles)

and this...



(kind of barren)

It is a definite work in progress! I am going to paint the wall behind the bookshelf in alternating light orange and red orange to complement my inspiration fabric.



Bright Buds by Amy Butler. Can you say gorgeous!?! I already have the walls painted a lovely shade of aqua. I am totally digging the space, I just need to get it done so I can get back to my sewing! Once I get the bookshelf walls done I can put my stash in its new home. Right now it is residing on my sewing table...





which makes it hard to get any sewing done. It isn't like I can just throw it on the floor (gasp!) to make room...haha.

To make matters worse I went to an auction a couple of weeks ago and aquired more sewing junk (just kidding-I know sewing stuff is not "junk"). I got 4 boxes of vintage fabrics, vintage needle point, vintage tranfers, and quilt batting/pillow forms. Plus I scored the motherload of vintage patterns...



Yeah, 5 boxes of vintage patterns! I am going to list some in my Etsy shop once I get everything organized. I need to go through all of them and make sure all pieces are present and get photos taken. Wait till you guys see them, they are totally cool! Oh yeah, and the swanky dress on "Sally" (pictured above) was hidden in one of the boxes as well.

Right now I am kind of overwhelmed and thinking I may need to start a local chapter of Fabricaholics Anonymous for myself! I just keep buying fabric...I can't stop! I have already ebayed some today and it is only 8am! Hello, my name is Heather and I am a fabricaholic...lol! Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I would just start sewing actual items out of the fabric, but it looks so pretty all uncut and neatly folded. Does anyone else suffer from this problem?!? Please tell me I am not alone:)

2 Comments:

Sarah C said...

i have a HUGE problem collecting fabric. I say collecting because i dont seem to make things with it....well i do, but i just buy more than i use in my projects. I even told myself that i wouldnt buy any more fabric unless i had a use for it. but that didnt work- i can find a use for any fabric that i love. if you find anything that helps please let me know.

Yarni Gras! said...

I LOVE fabric........I'd buy some everyday if we had more than ONE fabric store........ :-)
I can't wait to see your finished room!