Friday, October 31, 2008

Qulting...Sure I'll give it a try!



I just signed up for a mini-quilt swap I found on Swapdex. Here are the details...

Signups begin today and will end next Saturday,November 1st. To sign up ,just leave a comment here on the blog. On Sunday,Nov. 2nd,I will send you the email address of your partner. This is NOT a secret swap,so the two of you will exchange mailing info. Then the fun begins:

1. Assemble in a bag/baggie ingredients to make a mini quilt. (Let's say anything under 20" finished quilt size is acceptable)This can be fat quarters,charm squares,strips,and/or embellishments of any kind. Think outside the box....beads,silk flowers,felt,floss,etc. Don't send batting-your partner can provide that! Send them to your partner by November 30th.
2. Once you receive your baggie of loot,create a mini quilt for your partner. You must use at least a bit of every item in the bag....you may also add items from your stash.
3. Mail the finished top (quilted and bound )to your partner by the end of January. This should give us plenty of extra time around the holidays.
4. Include a label on the back with pertinent info. Please email me when you have sent and rec'd your quilt. Post pictures!


UPDATE: let's say maker provides backing fabric and batting-ok?


I am a little nervous, but I am looking forward to swapping something besides aprons. If anyone is interested in joining sign-ups don't end until tomorrow (11/1) and I have included the button in this post so all you have to do is click and you are on your way:)

0 Comments: