Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spooky Booky

Here is the apron I completed for my partner in the SpoOky~BoO~ScaRy swap over at Booming Aprons.

The requirements were for 1 apron, 1 potholder, and 1 treat bag. Apparently the apron was supposed to be a full, but I deviated a little (no, not me!) and made a half. I used the pattern for the "Spotless" apron in A is for Apron-my new favorite book that is full of nifty apron ideas.

I used the Chic-or-Treat fabric by Moda...I LOVE it! I seriously had a hard time parting with this one! I mailed it late, not because I didn't have it done (which is usually the case), but because I seriously wanted to keep it (and I wanted to get the batteries in the camera so I could snap the photos).

Here is how it all turned out:


A close up of the hauted house fabric I used for the pockets...



A close up of the cute Halloween buttons I found at JoAnn's...

The treat bag and potholder...


I used the "In the Bag" pattern from Pretty Little Patchwork (another useful book to have around) to make the bag. The potholder I just made up myself.

I have one more swap to go(Recycle Swap) and then I am taking some time off so I can get some merchandise sewn up to put in my Etsy shop.

4 Comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

what great spooky goodies! Your partner will love it!

Abigail said...

Halloween is the best time for Apron Making. Every fabric is perfect for one.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Thank you sooo much! I LOVE everything! Things got hectic and I only just mailed your package today. But it should be there by Friday they tell me. So so so sorry it is running late!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Um..never mind..I really am losing my mind. I hopped on to tell you thank you and to tell my other swap buddy sorry that I am running late. Instead you get all of my ramblings.... But I do love love love my apron and bag!! You are so creative!