Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quilted Wallet Fun

Graham's teacher had a birthday last Friday so I whipped her up this wallet as a gift. It was inspired by a tutorial I found at This Darn Kat. I am pleased with the way it turned out...I was kind of nervous because this was my first wallet and I didn't really have time to start over if I messed up (since, in true Heather fashion, I was sewing it Thursday night and it had to go to school on Friday). The only part I had a little trouble with was the folding of the credit card slots...I must have folded it backwards because the design on my fabric ended up being upside down, but oh well that seems to be my tradmark:) I have posted the photos below...

Here is the front...

(I LOVE that button!!!)

Here is the inside...



Here is the inside being useful...



And here is the backside...


3 Comments:

Tracey said...

Too cute. I made my own wallet too. I love pulling it out and having people ask where I bought it! Love it!

Yarni Gras! said...

oooooooh, I love your wallet. I don't know if I have the ability to tackle that as a project!

*krystyn* said...

Adorable! I think it looks great. I'm going to "attempt" to make one of these myself...but I'm new to sewing, so I'm sort of scared. LOL!! Great colors in this one you made.