Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mama Mia!...Here I Go Again!

The Mama Mia Apron swap comes to a close. Here is what I sent:)

My partner was Becca and she said her favorite part of the movie was the ocean and her favorite color was red. I decided to ignore the favorite color part (sorry Becca!) and focus on the ocean. After sifting thru my stash I found the perfect combo of fabrics to "make the ocean" out of. I decided on the Marie Antoinette apron out of "A is for Apron" (a great aproning resource). This is the end result...







Can you see the ocean in it? I made the ruffles out of some sparkly tulle, some aqua tulle, some sage chiffon and the main panel out of blue satin. The band and ties are fashioned from the thrifted sheet I acquired at Goodwill last summer. Then I used some funky buttons to secure the accordion pleats.



I threw in a recipe for some watermelon sangria, some blue cocktail napkins, an Amy Butler FQ, and some 3-D die cut stickers in a beach motif. Voila, swap package complete!

BTW, I got my swap package from Sherry when I arrived home yesterday (clap, clap)! I will post about it tomorrow...gotta get some pics!

3 Comments:

Abigail said...

Wow, just wow Val

Sherry said...

I can definitely see the ocean in the apron you made!! I would have never thought of using satin or tulle on an apron. It is so pretty and very creative!!

Have a great day!
Sherry

Yarni Gras! said...

omgosh, that is sooooooo perfect for the theme! I bet she LOVES IT!