Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sew, Sew, Sew

I have accomplished so much this week! It helps that my parents took the kids to Branson for 4 days. I sewed darn near everyday this week! It was nice:)

I completed my apron for Beelicious, my partner in the Hittin' the Trail Apron Swap. It was supposed to have ride em' up cowboy theme. I am not much of a cowgirl so I put my own little spin on it. I use a gingham fabric (which turned out to be pretty lucky since it is this month's theme over at Tie-One-On) and made bandanna flowers to applique on there. Attached some green ric rac for stems and green felt leaves. Also, to stick with the western theme, I found little buttons at the fabric store that reminded me of Old West Sherif badges...so I used them as the center of the flowers. I didn't take a close-up of them so you really can't tell from the photo.

I just made a traditional clothespin apron. I didn't have a pattern so I winged it. I am pleasantly pleased with the outcome.


I also squeezed in a little me sewing time. I made myself a Jenny bag...the one that I had penciled on my to-do-list. Check it out, I am loving the way it turned out:)



I didn't have quite enough fabric leftover to make the handles so I pieced some of my remnants together. I am kind of glad it worked out that way cuz I like the way they turned out.


1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Jenny Bag...where is that pattern from? Also...that apron is just the BEST! Really cute! Your partner will love it.