Monday, August 11, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again....

With summer drawing to a close I am finally getting back into my apron-ing. I just sent this off to whirledpeas00 for the Profile With Surprise apron swap (for the Apron Lovers Group on the Bot). I was late of course, true to form, but not as late as I am with my current swap send off...but that is another story (and it is going in the mail tomorrow!!!).



I bought a pattern off of Ebay about a month ago...retro 50's-the circle skirt kind. I have been trying to win one of these patterns since about April...I guess it was finally my time. I love how these aprons look, and I love the fact that when you twirl it kind fans out!

In checking my partners profile I saw that she loves cupcakes so I decided to make another cupcake apron (not the same as the previous cupcake apron though). I also embroidered a little dishtowel. I found a dessert transfer by Aunt Martha's (I believe it is called "Death By Chocolate"-yeah, that's right). I also threw in some cute little mini cupcake wrappers that I found at the craft store.


She really seemed to like it, and I think it turned out pretty cute. I love that polka dot fabric (you usually can't go wrong with Amy Butler's fab designs!) I had enough left over to make another Jenny purse so I have that penciled in on my to-do-list. I think I will start on it next...in all this time I have been sewing I have never made something for myself. I have 2 swap aprons to get going on, but I have everything ready...I am making it my goal to be done BEFORE the deadline for once!

Thanks to NanaDeb for hosting this fun swap!

I have received some swaps as well (from NanaDeb and Bean)...once I get all the pics taken (camera needs some batteries-died during the cupcake apron photo session) I will be sharing photos of their aproning talents with all of you;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! you are BACK!

That polka dotted lovely is just tooooooo cute!

Shawnee said...

Oh, that is a totally cute apron! I need that pattern!!!