Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Wow...long time no post!

I have been a busy little bee these days. REMINDER for next year: No swaps in Summer!!

Here is what I have been up to lately...

My first apron lovers swap completed:



My partner was Val (aka YarniGras) I couldn't have been more excited that she was my partner. She has become one of my favorite blogging buddies:)

I made her a mushroom apron (cuz she is CRAZY about mushrooms) and added a little mushroom potholder that buttons to the band so it will always be handy. I chose the fabrics so the apron would have a vintage feel to it and used a 1950's pattern. Overall I am happy with the outcome and it was fun to throw it together. To top off the mushroom theme I also included a recipe for mushroom bisque from one of my favorite downtown eateries.

Flirty Apron Swap Completed:



I little (actually a lot) late, but I am finally done and my partner will receive it before the 4th. The pattern was a little tricky because the directions were minimal at best-I mostly sewed by looking at the illustrations. My partner might have to adjust the waist ties a little, but then again maybe not...I am always super critical of my aprons, so it might fit just fine without any alterations (I hope this is the case). I am mostly pleased with the outcome and I hope my partner loves it so much that she will forget how tardy I was in sending it:)

1 Comment:

Canadian Princess said...

do you sell your aprons? i love the ones you recently made for the Sassy and Flirty swaps. If you do, please email me at inthemiddleofthis@gmail.com