Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just how lucky is a buckeye?


Here's the deal...Scatterbrained Heather forgot to lock her car on Saturday night so when she got up Sunday morning her purse and school bag had been stolen.

Caught up? OK, so I made a police report and was informed that it was probably kids (big shocker) and that my personal belongings were probably at the bottom of one of our "beautiful" neighborhood ponds. Gee, that was comforting...Anyway I spent all Monday and Tuesday getting new debit cards, credit cards, checking accounts, and a driver's license. My beloved IPOD was also in the bag...

On Tuesday night Officer Chatham came by to inform me that my belongings had been recovered. Apparently they had been ditched in someone's backyard that lives on Nevermind. Ironic a little? No cash in the purse so the thieves were probably thinking "nevermind"...lol. Everything was in the purse and school bag...even the IPOD.

Where I was going with all of that...I went buckeye hunting at the YMCA downtown a week ago and collected a few...Could that be the source of my good luck???...hmmm, it's a mystery.
Not mysterious...never forget to lock your car. Wouldn't have needed my lucky buckeyes had I remembered to do that.

0 Comments: