Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Initial Frenchy's (and I survived!)

Sorry for my long absence! I am seriously bad at blogging in the summer. Come to think of it I am not that much of a regular in the winter either;)...

Anyway, here is what I have been up to lately:



I trained for and ran/biked in a local biathlon. I even took 3rd place in my age group. I think there were only 4 entrants in my age group so it isn't like it is a major accomplishment, but I ran, I biked, I finished! YAY! That there is accomplishment enough for me:) As an added bonus I get a little award for my "3rd place" efforts.



Exercise photos are SO flattering...NOT!


On the sewing front:

I have been a busy little bee...

I just completed some Frenchy bags that are going to be given as bridal party gifts.



6 bags in total. It really went fast (well after the cutting part-which was A LOT of cutting-I think over 100 total pieces-no lie)and I was amazed how easy they went together. I recommend this pattern to anyone at any sewing level.



Each bag has a bridesmaid's initial which was monogrammed for me by my Aunt. I really want one of those fancy machines! They do some cool stuff.



I lined them in some gray broadcloth cotton and lined the pockets with so of the full moon polka dot. I am totally jazzed about them I think they turned out really nice. I hope the bride likes them! She is picking them up later today:)

2 Comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

these are precious!

Yarni Gras! said...

oh! sorry for double posting...I thought the fitness post was separate. Congrats on your doing so well! I used to cycle but never in a competition...just thinking about that exhausts me!